About Dr. Hecht
What is an Ophthalmologist?
Meet Refractive Surgeon Dr. Matthew Hecht
What is an ophthalmologist? An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who specializes in eye surgery, eye health and vision care. An ophthalmologist provides every aspect of eye and vision care from screenings to eye surgery.
Dr. Hecht is a refractive surgeon, which means that he is a specialist in LASIK eye surgery and cataract eye surgery.
What is an ophthalmologist?
Trusting your vision to a refractive surgeon is a very serious decision. There are many factors each patient has to consider. Having a skilled refractive surgeon to guide you through the process saves time and gives you peace of mind.
Corrective laser eye surgery is safe, quick and almost always painless. Millions of Americans have successfully received corrective laser eye surgery and Dr. Hecht is a leading refractive surgeon in Southern California.
Refractive Surgeon Matthew Hecht essential facts:
- M.D. University of Minnesota
- Minnesota Medical Foundation Scholarship
- University of Hawaii, Honolulu – Internship
- University of Nebraska Medical Center – Residency
- University of Southern California – additional training
- Certified to perform VISX procedures
- Certified to perform Allegretto procedures
- Certification to perform LASIK
- In Toronto, studied under leading ophthalmologist Dr. Jeffrey Machat.
- Dr. Hecht has extensive post-doctoral training in LASIK procedures with leading refraction surgeons in the U.S.
- First refractive surgeon in the South Bay to surgically place phakic intraocular lens implants for the severely nearsighted.
- Fluent in Spanish, Dr. Hecht donates his time and skill to senior citizens and those in need in Central America
Why Corrective Eye Surgery is a popular choice
Corrective laser eye surgery is fast
Recovery time is relatively quick
There is little to no pain with corrective eye surgery
Vision is almost always restored
What are the risks of corrective laser eye surgery?
As with all procedures there are some risks; serious complications are extremely rare. If you would like more information about risks, please give us a call today. We look forward to explaining your options and giving you detailed information on the procedure.
With in-office FDA approved cutting edge technology, Dr. Hecht has a proven track record of successful procedures.
How many times has this refractive surgeon performed LASIK?
Dr. Hecht has performed thousands of corrective laser eye surgeries. With offices in the South Bay/Torrance, Marina del Rey and Beverly Hills areas, getting to your procedure is very convenient.
What is the recovery time from eye surgery?
Most recovery periods are within a few days.
How much does corrective laser eye surgery cost?
Hecht Eye Institute offers several payment plans that will work within your budget. Please call for more information on the exact cost for your procedure. Many patients take advantage of our finance programs and pay less than $100 per month.
Dr. Hecht is warm, respected and a skilled refractive surgeon who can restore your vision so that you can live your life to the fullest. Along with proven technology and a caring staff, you’re in safe and qualified hands with Hecht Eye Institute. After a thorough review, Dr. Hecht will sit with you and explain every aspect of your corrective laser eye surgery.
So what is an ophthalmologist? Trusted, skilled and a provider of cutting edge vision restoration… Dr. Matthew Hecht.